Comprehensive Dental Exams in Redmond
At Redmond Art of Dentistry, Dr. Daniel Bickel is a big believer in the power of preventive dental care. With regular, 6-month comprehensive dental exams, your risk for common oral health problems such as tooth decay and periodontitis can be lowered substantially. Additionally, preventive dentistry helps identify and diagnose potentially serious conditions, such as oral cancer, shifting of the teeth, and more.
Our Six-Step Comprehensive Oral Exam Process
If you’re looking for a dentist who offers a truly comprehensive exam, you’re in the right place. As one of the best preventive dentists in Redmond, Dr. Daniel Bickel does things differently when it comes to oral exams. Here is what you can expect from our Redmond dentist.
- Review And Update Medical Records – Dr. Bickel will begin by updating your current oral health history, including your list of medications, and discussing with you any other health problems you may be experiencing. Your overall health can affect your oral health and vice versa.
- Oral Cancer Screening – Using a VELscope and other digital equipment, Dr. Bickel will look for lesions, tissue discoloration, and other potential symptoms of oral cancer. This step is especially important for patients over 40, or those who smoke or use tobacco in any form.
- X-Rays And Digital Imaging – Using digital x-rays, Dr. Bickel will assess the condition of your teeth, gums, and the underlying jawbone. X-rays are also useful for detecting oral cancer early, before it spreads.
- Periodontal Examination – Dr. Bickel will assess the overall health of your gums, looking for signs of gingivitis. Common signs of gingivitis include tooth/gum sensitivity, bleeding while brushing, and redness or inflammation of the gums.
- Occlusal Examination – We will look for any potential malocclusion (bite problems) with your teeth. A dramatic shift in the bite can indicate a number of potential oral health problems.
- Cavity Exam With Intra-Oral Camera – Unlike most family dentists in Redmond, Dr. Bickel uses a specialized intraoral camera to detect cavities. This allows us to quickly identify tooth decay. Then, we determine whether or not you need dental fillings in Redmond, or if another treatment such as fluoride or a dental sealant is the right choice for you.
If you choose Dr. Bickel at Redmond Art of Dentistry for your next dental exam, you can rest assured that you will get a truly comprehensive assessment of your oral health.
Get The Preventative Care You Need From Redmond Art Of Dentistry Now!
Whether you’ve been skipping your six-month oral exams, or you’re simply new to the area and looking for a Redmond family dentist, Dr. Bickel is the best choice. Our comprehensive oral exams are fast, affordable, and can help you save quite a bit of money by identifying oral health issues before they become severe. Take control of your oral health today with a dental exam from Redmond Art of Dentistry. Contact us to schedule your appointment at (425) 883-1331, or drop by our office at 16455 NE 85th St #101, Redmond, WA 98052.