Drs. Bickel and Merchant offer comprehensive dental exams to their patients in Redmond, Bellevue, and Sammamish
Building a strong dental foundation allows for you set yourself up for future success. Comprehensive dental exams are a vital part of your dental treatment in order to build a strong foundation and maintain long term dental health. Problems developing in our mouth can be a slow process, often undetected for a long time. Once you feel discomfort in your teeth or gums, it’s often to the point of progression where invasive treatment is necessary. Routine comprehensive exams twice a year are the best way to catch problems before they advance.
What’s Involved in a Comprehensive Dental Exam?
A comprehensive dental exam is more than just a cleaning and the dentist looking at your teeth. An initial comprehensive dental exam includes the following:
- Reviewing and/or updating your medical/dental history, including an updated list of current medications.
- A thorough oral cancer screening, visually, digitally, and with the use of a VELscope.
- X-rays showing the current condition of your teeth, restorations, and supporting bone.
- A periodontal examination, in which we assess your gums and supporting periodontium.
- An occlusal exam, checking for any signs of malocclusion.
- A meticulous tooth-by-tooth examination, looking for signs of decay, failed restorations, cracks, and other discrepancies.
- Intra-oral camera with cavity detection. This allows the us to catch problems in its early stage, preventing pain, irreversible damage, and maintaining you natural healthy tooth structure and surrounding periodontium.
Every patient in our Redmond, WA office will benefit from a comprehensive dental exam. Drs. Bickel and Merchant welcome questions during your examination and will take as much time as needed to answer all of your questions. They feel that the best patient is an educated patient. They will make it a point to educate you on every aspect of treatment so you can make an informed decision on how you would like to proceed. Together we will devise a treatment plan that is personalized to your needs to meet your goals and expectations.