what can veneers help
Badly stained teeth that have been unaffected by numerous teething whitening treatments
Chipped teeth that can't be treated with dental bonding
Misshapen teeth that seem too short or narrow
Crooked teeth that don't need orthodontic treatment
What are Veneers?
Veneers are thin pieces of porcelain or a resin-based composite that are placed over the front of your teeth, altering the color and shape of your teeth. Most of the time you will not need to get “numb” for the procedure as only a fraction of tooth structure is removed to make room for the dental veneer. Contact us today to schedule a consultation at our Redmond office.
How many appointments will it take to get me dental veneers?
Dental veneers typically take three appointments. The first visit will be a diagnostic and treatment planning session. Dr. Bickel will take impressions of your upper and lower arch and carefully evaluate your teeth and facial features to ensure you get the best possible results.
The second visit will be for the preparation of your teeth for the dental veneers. During the preparation a small amount of the front tooth structure is removed (approximately 0.5mm). After the preparation is complete, an impression is taken and temporary veneers are made and placed.
The final visit to our Redmond dental practice also known as the “bonding” visit, the dental veneers are first placed on the teeth using water and evaluated for the color and shape. Once everything is satisfactory, a special cement is used to cement the dental veneer onto the teeth to achieve a strong bond.
During the following weeks, you will need to come in for minor adjustments. It is important to treat the veneers as your natural teeth, meaning you need to brush and floss around them daily.
The Benefits Of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers can treat almost any cosmetic issue, making them a top choice for cosmetic dentistry in Redmond. Here are a few of the biggest benefits you’ll enjoy if you decide on porcelain veneers:
- Veneers look and feel natural: Veneers look just like natural teeth. They are made of high-quality porcelain ceramic materials that match your existing teeth perfectly, ensuring that your smile looks seamless.
- No special care required: Veneers are made from a very strong ceramic material, so you do not need to take any special care precautions, beyond brushing and flossing properly, and seeing Dr. Bickel for regular six-month oral exams and teeth cleanings.
- Stain-resistant and durable: Porcelain is non-porous and will not become stained, so veneers are very durable, and will remain bright and beautiful. Veneers can easily last 10-15 years or even longer with proper care.
- Non-invasive, fast treatment: Porcelain veneers do not require any surgery, making them a non-invasive treatment. You can get a new smile in just two appointments, and you won’t have to go through any kind of surgery or discomfort. In fact, if you get Lumineers from Dr. Bickel, you can get ultra-thin veneers without removing any enamel from your teeth.
- Restore your self-confidence: Finally, porcelain veneers can restore your self-esteem and make you feel more confident if you don’t like your smile. Whether you have chipped teeth, serious stains, gaps in your smile, or you have any other cosmetic flaw that makes you feel self-conscious, porcelain veneers will restore your smile in Redmond.
How To Care For Veneers And Make Sure They Last
If you’ve invested in veneers from Redmond Art of Dentistry, we want to ensure that our patients keep them in good shape and make sure they last. Here are a few helpful tips:
- Only chew hard foods with your molars: Chewing hard foods like ice and almonds with your veneers causes a lot of stress and can lead to chips or damage. Chew these foods with your molars, not with your veneers.
- Don’t chew non-food objects: Don’t chew on pens, pencils, fingernails, or any other non-food objects.
- Never use your teeth as tools: Avoid doing things like using your teeth to open packages and tear tape, as this puts your veneers under stress and could cause them to loosen or become damaged.
- Brush and floss properly: Proper oral hygiene is always critical when wearing veneers. Brush twice per day for two minutes, and floss once per day.
- Address grinding and clenching: Grinding and clenching can damage your veneers. If you think you may grind your teeth, ask Dr. Bickel about nightguards and your other options for addressing teeth grinding and clenching.
Of course, above all, don’t forget to contact us and schedule regular six month oral exams and teeth cleanings with Dr. Bickel, so he can make sure that your veneers are in good shape and that your mouth is free of any other oral issues.
Is everyone a candidate for dental veneers?
Not everyone will be a candidate for veneers. Dr. Bickel will evaluate your situation to see if you are candidate for dental veneers. Factors Dr. Bickel look for in an ideal candidate include:
- Teeth that are healthy a free of decay (cavities)
- No active periodontal disease
- No history of clenching or grinding your teeth as this will cause the veneers to chip and break
- No history of biting fingernails, pencils, ice, etc.
- Patients who are consistently coming for routine checkups every 6 months
If you are interested in Veneers in Redmond, contact Redmond Art of Dentistry today.