benefits of dental implants
Integrated into the jawbone to prevent rapid bone deterioration after tooth loss
Acts as a strong tooth root anchored into your bone by osseointegration
Appear as lifelike as your natural teeth and can be just as easy to maintain
Dental Implants At Redmond Art of Dentistry
Life without a full smile can be daunting, and for many patients the consequences of tooth loss can be debilitating. Missing one or more teeth takes a toll on your self esteem and even the way you’re able to eat or speak becomes a daily challenge. At Redmond Art of Dentistry, Dr. Bickel believes every patient deserves to feel confident and healthy in a smile that is functional, beautiful and strong. With special training in dental implant technology, he offers modern treatments with dental implants to provide strong and natural looking results. Give us a call at (425) 883-1331 to schedule your consultation at your family and cosmetic dentist in Redmond, Bellevue and Sammamish!
What is a Dental Implant?
Dental implants have quickly revolutionized the world of dentistry as the standard of modern tooth replacement. Made up of of small titanium rods carefully placed into the jawbone, dental implants attach to tooth-colored dental crowns for a radiant and natural looking smile.
Dental implants offer many unique advantages over traditional dentures or dental crowns and bridges. They are also the only form of restorative dental treatment to replace both the tooth root and the dental crown, providing a strong structural base much like a natural, healthy tooth. Finally, these personalized dental restorations are matched to look and feel like your natural teeth for a smile you can feel confident in!
Advantages of dental implants over a bridge
- Esthetics: Dental implants are as lifelike as your natural teeth. They both look and feel like your tooth was never missing. Because implants are integrated into your bone via osseointegration, you d not lose bone or get gingival recession that is often associated with a bridge. Your peers will not be able to tell that your tooth is really an implant
- Tooth-saving: By getting a dental implant, there is no need to alter the adjacent teeth in anyway. When you get a bridge, adjacent teeth need a crown on them in order to support the pontic “fake tooth.” With a dental implant, the adjacent teeth need no alteration and remain in their natural state.
- Reliable: Time has shown that dental implants have a high success rate and are predictable.
- Easier maintenance: A dental implant is just like your natural teeth. You will be able to flossing in between the implant and adjacent as opposed to a bridge where it can be a challenge to floss beneath it.
How long does the treatment take?
A dental implant is a team effort between your general dentist and a periodontist or oral surgeon.
- Typically it takes 3-4 months for the implant to be fully integrated into your jaw. During the waiting period you will have a temporary placed so you won’t have to go with a gap in your mouth.
- After the dental implant has been fully integrated an impression will be taken for the fabrication of your crown.
- Your next visit will consist of evaluating the implant crown for proper fit and aesthetics, and will then be permanently placed